Post-secondary education has become so expensive that many families can longer afford it. To ensure that every high-potential student has access to postsecondary education, the Mapleton Education Foundation provides scholarships to high-need, high-potential Mapleton students. Most scholarship recipients are the first in their families to attend college.
Scholarship awards range from $1,000 – $5,000 per year for 2-4 years. Important partners like the Metropolitan State University of Denver, Front Range Community College Foundation and Colorado School of Mines provide matching funds for Mapleton Education Foundation scholarship recipients.
In addition to post-secondary scholarships, the Foundation also supports a post-secondary transition program, which provides Mapleton graduates with additional support throughout their first year in college. An advisor provides one-on-one guidance in areas of financial planning, housing, transportation, academics, and social-emotional support. The program has been shown to more than double post-secondary enrollment rates in participating schools.
Resources for Scholarship Applicants
- Scholarship applications are available at Post Secondary Scholarship Applicaion
Resources for Scholarship Winners
- If you have already been awarded a scholarship and wish to activate it, please complete our activation form. If you would like to defer your scholarship, please download and submit our scholarship deferment form.
- For detailed information about 2021 scholarships, please visit Post Secondary Scholarship Application.
- All 2018-2021 scholarship winners and Adams County Scholarship Fund winners have access to the Foundation’s support. If you have questions about housing, financial aid, course registration, finding a job, or if you are having a hard time and need support, please contact Thomas Hernandez, the Foundation’s Executive Director of Scholarships.
Resources for Scholarship Donors
- To learn about establishing a named scholarship, please contact Elise Kersey, Executive Director of Fundraising.