The Make a Difference Fund provides support for students to participate in unique programs and is primarily designed to support programs with a competitive admissions process. Club sports expenses (participation fees, tournament fees, etc.) are not eligible for Make a Difference funds. The application for funds is below. We strongly urge you to contact us before completing the application; we are happy to provide guidance about whether your request is eligible for funding.
Below is a list of factors that the committee will consider when reviewing applications:
- Are all required application components included? Applications without all required components will NOT be reviewed by the committee.
- Does the program have a competitive admissions process? The committee prefers funding for programs that have a competitive admissions process. Other programs may be eligible for funding, but the program must be credible, established, and provide value to students.
- Has the student raised other funds and/or is the family committed to providing some funding (if they are able)?
- Is the cost of the program commensurate with its length/content/value? Programs that have high costs ($1,000 or more) will be especially scrutinized.
- Is the recommendation letter from the recommending Mapleton staff member passionate in its support of the student and the value of the program itself?
- Does the student present a clear, well-reasoned, and compelling description of why the program will help the student meet their educational, career, or extracurricular goals?
- Does the student provide a clear description of why they have selected this particular program (versus other similar programs)?
- Does the student provide a clear description of their families’ financial need